Friday, August 4, 2017

Welcome Back, Scholars and Families!

Dear 5th grade families,

Welcome to another year at Archway Arete! We are so excited to have your children in our class. My name is Ms. Canfield and I will be the lead teacher for classroom 5B. I look forward to the opportunity to teach your children and guide them through our virtues. This is my first year with Great Hearts, and I am so fortunate to be part of Archway Arete's community. I obtained my Bachelor's Degree from the University of Minnesota and worked in customer service for several years before I decided to pursue my passion of teaching. Earlier in 2017, I received my Certificate of Secondary Education from Rio Salado College.

My passions include traveling, studying languages, reading, general knowledge trivia, and spending time with my husband and our dog. I am also about to become a first-time aunt! I am excited to meet and cultivate relationships with you and your child as we navigate truth, beauty, and goodness through our wonderful curriculum this year.

I look forward to meeting you at Meet the Teacher Night tonight!

Ms. Jill Canfield
5B

Hello! I am Mrs. Vance, your child’s Assistant Teacher for Ms. Canfield’s 5B class. This will be my third year at Archway Arete, and I am so pleased for the opportunity to teach and help your child by guiding this (fantastic!) group of scholars through our virtues.

Before coming to Arete, I began a career as a teacher in 2005, immediately after graduating from Louisiana State University in my hometown of Baton Rouge. My educational content area was Secondary English (grades 6-12), so I started out as a high school teacher. I have taught English overseas (Korea) for an extended period of time and then continued as an English teacher at a school for French-speaking students back home. I now live in Chandler with my husband and our own two young scholars, Thomas and Teddy. My passions include hiking, rock and mineral collecting, pet collecting and practicing the French language.

I am very excited about the beginning of this new school year, and look forward to serving the Arete community by teaching and helping your child. It is my goal for this year that your child have a pleasant and successful fifth grade experience.

Sincerely, Mrs. Vance




No comments:

Post a Comment